Friday, February 1, 2013

Groundhog Day





Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today!

For those of you that don't get that reference, it's from one of my favorite movies, Groundhog Day. And with Groundhog Day just around the corner, we thought it appropriate at Winster to celebrate the mundane, do-it-every-day tasks that we take for granted. Just this morning I was walking my daughter to school. Every day, the same routine. She walks up on this wall that fences in someones yard and I hold her hand and walk below. The we go to the next wall and so on until we get to the corner (where we jump the puddle and cross the street, walk past 5 trees and then piggyback ride the rest of the way...she's slightly OCD :). It's frustrating at times, usually because we're late, but this morning I made a conscious "Groundhog Day" decision to enjoy the little things. I know that the mundane, have to get through it tasks are the ones I will miss the most when she grows up.

Yesterday I received a nice Facebook post from a player commenting on how many great friends she's met through Winster. It came after a particularly bad day of getting beat up with software glitches and Customer service issues. Not complaining about those, it's our job to fix them, but there's something about the software business that sometimes feels like you're holding up a house of cards. One thing fixes, another breaks. Customers unhappy, bosses unhappy. So getting that Facebook post and having it seconded by a few others really brought me back "in the moment" and made me feel great about what we do.

So thank you Winsters. And happy real Groundhog Day, (the one where you find out how much longer you're going to be freezing out there).

XO
Winnie

No comments:

Post a Comment