Friday, February 15, 2013

Freaky Friday



Hey Winsters,

I am looking out the office window at a clear, sunny February day. If I hadn't turned on the news this morning today would be like any other day. Only better, because it's the Friday before a three day weekend. But no. The asteroid is coming, and now that I know that, I can feel it. My whole day is off somehow and my anxiety is even too high to enjoy Pizza Friday at work.

Once I read that women and their cycles and moods were controlled by the moon, no space fact is off limits. All meteorological events effect me and can arbitrarily make me feel physically or emotionally ill. This only happened in my late 30's by the way. Before that I was gleefully unaware that such things existed and chalked everything up to actual life events.

Luckily, I have a cohort in this. My sister and I talk every day and are on google, looking for space events that will justify our feelings whenever we get the least bit irritable. Today, with 143,000 tons of molten rock hurling toward us, we've both gone silent. Bracing ourselves for some kind of inevitable mental explosion that will happen as this monster passes by. It's a bit terrifying, and exciting all at the same time.

I'll let you know how I fare. Stay safe and wear a tin foil hat or something :)

XO
Winnie Weirdo

No comments:

Post a Comment